03 9830 2227
03 9830 2260
96 Canterbury Rd
Canterbury VIC 3126
Balance and Vestibular Rehabilitation
At Inspire Chiropractic, we use special testing and treatment techniques to diagnose and manage issues such as:
* Dizziness or vertigo
* Migraines or complex headaches
* Vestibular or balance disorders
* Sports injuries or trauma
* Concussion assessment
Our special testing technology includes:
- Balance Track System force plate technology
- Vestibular First Insight Infra-red Goggles
- Cambridge Brain Sciences cognitive assessment (click here to try it out now)
We combine this with other clinical testing for brain function to formulate a diagnosis and management plan that’s specific to each patient.
Our technology based testing means we have objective measurements over time, so we can track your progress with data.
Concussion Assessment (Baseline and Post-Injury)
Also known as mTBI, concussion affects complex brain function(1). Concussion won’t change the structure of your brain, so it’s not visible on an MRI or brain scan. Concussions may occur after a hit directly to the head, or by an injury in part of the body with the force transferred to the head (eg. Whiplash) (2). You don’t need to have lost consciousness to have a concussion!
Symptoms following a concussion may include: headaches, neck pain, insomnia, ringing of the ears (tinnitus), dizziness, unsteadiness, “foggy head”, memory loss, fatigue, visual changes, and mood or behavioural disorders (eg. Depression) and more (1,2).
At Inspire Chiropractic, we use special testing to objectively assess your concussion and when it’s safe for you to return to sport. We use the following state of the art technology and assessments:
* Balance Track System force plate technology
* Vestibular First Insight Infra-red goggles
* Cambridge Brain Sciences Cognitive Assessment (click here to try it out now)
* Buffalo Concussion Tolerance Test (BCTT) to assess return to sport
* Oculomotor (eye movement) assessment
* Various clinical brain function testing to complement these technologies
We’ll use neurological rehabilitation techniques to improve brain connectivity and function, and then we’ll re-test to check your progress. It’s an objective, real measure of your improvement.
If you have any specific questions, you can call us and Stephanie will be happy to discuss your needs with you.
Harmon KG, Clugston JR, Dec K, et al. Amercian Medical Society for Sports Medicine position statement on concussion in sport. Br J Sports Med. 2019;53:213-25.
McCrory P, Meeuwisse W, Dvorak J, Aubry M, Bailes J, Broglio S, et al. Consensus statement on concussion in sport-the 5th international conference on concussion in sport held in Berlin, October 2016. Br J Sports Med. 2017 Apr 26;0:1–10.